Workshops, Presentations & Field Courses- Workshops and Presentations are indoor events typically lasting 1-2 hours. Field Courses are outdoor classes lasting 3 to 6 hours that provide detailed hands-on exploration of a topic. Registration is required for some events. More events are being added.
- February 5, 7 pm. Dr. Kimmerer will discuss "Living with Ancient Trees in the Bluegrass" for the Down To Earth Garden Club in Lexington, KY. Location to be announced.
- March 2-5. Dr. Kimmerer will be in Asheville NC for a private event at the Biltmore Mansion. If anyone would like to meet up for an informal tree walk on Sunday, March 3, please contact us.
- March 14, 6-7:45 pm. Dr. Matthew Sleeth and Dr. Tom Kimmerer will discuss "God’s Trees: Trees in the Bible and in Our Lives" at Christ Church Cathedral, Lexington KY. A light supper at 6 will be followed by the discussion. A donation of $5 to Christ Church is suggested.
- March 24, 9am, Dr. Kimmerer will present his popular lecture "What Do Trees Know?" at the 5th Annual Great Tree Summit hosted by Taking Root in Lebanon Ohio. Details at Taking Root.
- July 27-29 Midwest Native Plant Conference. Dr. Kimmerer will discuss "Climate Change and the Future of the Midwest's Forests" on Friday at 4 pm. Midwest Native Plant Society, Bergamo Center, Dayton OH. Details at the conference web site.
- Additional events are coming up throughout the spring and summer. Check our home page for updates.
We provide lectures and Field Courses for arboretums, botanical gardens, conservation organizations and schools. In 2017, we provided courses in a 7 states. Over 400 people have attended our Field Courses, and many more have attended our lectures. We can teach courses at your facility, or at local parks or private lands. For Field Courses, we can either charge a ticket fee per person, or your organization can cover our costs. To schedule a phone call to discuss an event, please fill out our Contact Form.