Welcome to Venerable Trees, Inc, dedicated to the preservation of ancient trees in the Bluegrass and Nashville Basin. We are just beginning to put together our2018 event schedule. Here are a few of our upcoming events. More will be added soon.
- February 5, 7 pm. Dr. Kimmerer will discuss "Living with Ancient Trees in the Bluegrass" for the Down To Earth Garden Club in Lexington, KY. University of Kentucky Plant Sciences Bulding (Map), Free.
- February 24, 9am, Dr. Kimmerer will present his popular lecture "What Do Trees Know?" at the 5th Annual Great Tree Summit hosted by Taking Root in Lebanon Ohio. Details at Taking Root.
- March 2-5. Dr. Kimmerer will be in Asheville NC for a private event at the Biltmore Estate. If anyone would like to meet up for an informal tree walk on Sunday, March 3, please contact us.
- March 14, 6-7:45 pm. Dr. Matthew Sleeth and Dr. Tom Kimmerer will discuss "God’s Trees: Trees in the Bible and in Our Lives" at Christ Church Cathedral, Lexington KY. A light supper at 6 will be followed by the discussion. A donation of $5 to Christ Church is suggested. Register here.
- April 7 9am-1pm, Boone County Arboretum, Union Ky. Our popular Field Course What Do Trees Know will be offered in Northern Kentucky for the first time. Register here.
- April 19, 10am. "Venerable Trees of the Bluegrass". Woodford County Garden Club (members only).
- April 26, 6-7:30 pm Dr. Kimmerer will discuss "Old Trees in Urban Landscapes" for the Fayette County Extension Service lecture series. Fayette County Extension Office, 1140 Harry Sykes Way off Red Mile Road (Map). Free.
- May 11-13, various times. Dr. Kimmerer will give a lecture on Ancient Trees of the Bluegrass followed by a bus tour of exceptional trees. A Garden Affair at the Headley Whitney Museum. Details coming soon.
- July 27-29 Midwest Native Plant Conference. Dr. Kimmerer will discuss "Climate Change and the Future of the Midwest's Forests" on Friday at 4 pm. Midwest Native Plant Society, Bergamo Center, Dayton OH. Details at the conference web site.
- Additional events are coming up throughout the spring and summer. Check our home page and newsletter for updates.
Would your organization like to host a lecture or Field Course with the staff of Venerable Trees? We are available for lectures as well as half-day and full-day Field Courses. Our courses are tailored to specific audiences, both lay and professional. To talk to us about hosting an event, see our Events Page.
Venerable Trees Newsletter
Enter your email address below to sign up for the Venerable Trees Newsletter. Our monthly newsletter includes stories about ancient trees, tree biology, and related subjects. It will also keep you up to date on our events. We will occasionally send out a brief note when an important event is coming up. No ads, no spam, and we will never share our email list with anyone.